Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KAKA2081

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Hello guys , yesterday while i was in the pool , some water entered my phone screen and it was only some water and the screen got some water down and the water damaged sensor is half red and half white and the touch screen is not functioning well , yesterday i searched google and found the rice method , is it worth a try ? it will fix my phone and the screen will function well again ?

Btw dont say "Just buy an iphone 4 or get another phone" im not a rich guy and im only 14 years old :p dont really have much money for a new phone :p

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Did you turn the phone off as soon as it got wet? Any damage that is going to done, will be done by now if not.

KAKA2081

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Yes i did , but the phone is working well , everything is working well even the home button the only wet part on the phone is where the brightness sensors ( 3 circles near the Speaker) and the screen isnt functioning well its going crazy :p

So what shall i do to get it fixed :/

EDIT : No , i only opened it after i got home and charged it

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
You should have taken it completely apart and put all of the components in plastic bags filled with rice. I wouldn't be surprised if something has short circuited inside the phone.

KAKA2081

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Okay guys i got good news and bad news :/

Good news: All the water have dissappeared from the phone screen.

Bad News : The touch screen is not functioning properly , its like drunk and half the screen is not working :(

Ill try doing a restore and i will give u the results

Result : same :( Please Help guys

Last edited:

KAKA2081

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Which part exactly ?

i need to buy a full LCD screen :(( ?! or which part :S ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.