Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
Hello people!
I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS, recently I updated to iOS 6.1.2, and unlocked my phone with ultrasnow 1.2.8. My phone doesn't work properly, as you can see on my video, it randomly loses signal for a few seconds. It happens especially when I use the apps like Find my iPhone, Find my Friends, Maps, Camera etc. When I'm just browsing the internet, playing games or anything else it just works perfectly, or maybe it loses signal once a day, but when i use the above listed apps (Surely there are more apps causing the same problem, but I only tried these), it loses signal in every 30 seconds. With previous firmwares i didn't have any problem. I guess this issue might be connected to location services, or to ultrasnow, but I don't have any idea how to fix this. It just drives me crazy. I uploaded a video to illustrate my problem.
Hope you can help guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5iHS9uk2QQ

Last edited:

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I'm assuming you have the iPad baseband on that phone. If so the iPad baseband messes up your gps as well as cause you to randomly lose signal at times.

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
Yes, you are right, i have the ipad baseband. I have never thought this might be a problem. Thank you so much, I downgrade it and post the result here.

EDIT

I tried downgrading from ipad baseband but during the process, i get an error:
ERROR! Please reboot the device into normal operating mode then perform a clean slide to power off.

I re-tried several times but no success. Now I am stucked on apple logo.

Idea?

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Yes, you are right, i have the ipad baseband. I have never thought this might be a problem. Thank you so much, I downgrade it and post the result here.

EDIT

I tried downgrading from ipad baseband but during the process, i get an error:
ERROR! Please reboot the device into normal operating mode then perform a clean slide to power off.

I re-tried several times but no success. Now I am stucked on apple logo.

Idea?

Which version of redsn0w did you use?

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
Hardly fought, but I could restore my phone to iOS 4.3.3. On this firmware I successfully downgraded my baseband with the help of the tutorial. Now I must update to iOS 6.1.2, while preserving baseband. The only problem is during the process, after redsnow uploads IBEC and IBSS it says waiting for iphone....My phone does nothing but shows the apple logo. After 10 minutes of waiting I rebooted and i still have iOS 4.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hardly fought, but I could restore my phone to iOS 4.3.3. On this firmware I successfully downgraded my baseband with the help of the tutorial. Now I must update to iOS 6.1.2, while preserving baseband. The only problem is during the process, after redsnow uploads IBEC and IBSS it says waiting for iphone....My phone does nothing but shows the apple logo. After 10 minutes of waiting I rebooted and i still have iOS 4.

Are you using Sn0wbreeze to make the 6.1.2 IPSW. Redsn0w was never fully updated to allow doing this.

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
I tried using the baseband preservation function in snowbreeze to create a custom ipsw. Then shift+restore in itunes but i always get an error. Once i got 3194, so i started a TSS server with tinyumbrella, but later i got an error 11. I have shsh for 6.1.2 saved on my computer. I need to stich this into the ipsw and at the same time preserve the baseband. How can i execute this?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Your host file is probably still pointing to cydia instead of apple.

Also restores to 6.1.2 don't use TU/TSS server anymore

If you have the custom sn0wbreeze IPSW you can put the phone in DFU and restore with that.

You can also use redsn0w

you'll need the 6.1.2 and the 6.0 IPSW and manually saved SHSH/blobs

go to redsn0w Extras/Select IPSW and select the 6.0 IPSW

now go to Extras/even more/restore and select the 6.1.2 IPSW
follow instructions to yhe letter
use local blobs
say YES if asked to preserve BB

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
When i click on restore in redsnow it automatically fetches blobs from server, i can not select local blobs.

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
Okay, I am getting nervous of apple's ****.
With snowbreeze, i created an ipsw to preserve my baseband, then with redsnow I stiched my locally saved shsh blobs into the ipsw, I created with snowbreeze. Shift+restore in iTunes and select the ipsw. It was working, the restore screen appeared on my phone but suddenly I got an error:
The iphone can not be restore, an unknow error occured: (-1).

???????? What ********ng kind of error -1 is? I did not find anything about it even in google. Apple I hate you...... Please help!

http://s13.postimg.org/aonp242jb/dskjnf.png

EDIT!!!!!!!
When i saved my shsh, i had 6.15.00 baseband. Now i have 5.13.04 baseband. I stiched the shsh (6.15.00 baseband) into the ipsw. I was trying to restore my phone to this ipsw. I am wondering if this caused the error -1??

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Okay, I am getting nervous of apple's ****.
With snowbreeze, i created an ipsw to preserve my baseband, then with redsnow I stiched my locally saved shsh blobs into the ipsw, I created with snowbreeze. Shift+restore in iTunes and select the ipsw. It was working, the restore screen appeared on my phone but suddenly I got an error:
The iphone can not be restore, an unknow error occured: (-1).

???????? What ********ng kind of error -1 is? I did not find anything about it even in google. Apple I hate you...... Please help!

http://s13.postimg.org/aonp242jb/dskjnf.png

EDIT!!!!!!!
When i saved my shsh, i had 6.15.00 baseband. Now i have 5.13.04 baseband. I stiched the shsh (6.15.00 baseband) into the ipsw. I was trying to restore my phone to this ipsw. I am wondering if this caused the error -1??

Are you restoring in pwned DFU mode? The baseband doesn't affect the SHSH blob

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Error -1 is a BB problem.

Try again with redsn0w restore function or make a NO_BB IPSW with redsn0w and stitch your SHSH manually with redsn0w.

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
Are you restoring in pwned DFU mode? The baseband doesn't affect the SHSH blob

Error -1 is a BB problem.

Try again with redsn0w restore function or make a NO_BB IPSW with redsn0w and stitch your SHSH manually with redsn0w.

Well if baseband doesn't affect shsh blobs, this must work somehow. Yes i am restoring in pwned DFU. I will keep trying. Thanks for your help!!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Well if baseband doesn't affect shsh blobs, this must work somehow. Yes i am restoring in pwned DFU. I will keep trying. Thanks for your help!!

SHSH blobs do not contain any baseband information as far as I'm aware of. As TriJetHero said, it appears to be a baseband error so make sure the custom firmware you're using is a no baseband upgrade custom firmware

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
I think something wrong with redsnow shsh stitch option. I tried restoring 2 different ways.

1) Create an ipsw with snowbreeze using the baseband preservation option, then I stitched the shsh into this ipsw with redsnow. In this case I got the error -1 in itunes.

2) I stitched the shsh into the original ipsw with redsnow. Then in redsnow I clicked on restore, browsed this ipsw. It asked if I want redsnow to prevent baseband from update. I clicked yes. During the process I got the following error: http://s7.postimg.org/l8lz63drv/j_k_p_1.png

Is there other way to create an ipsw, which preserves my baseband and my saved shsh stitched in it?

+1) I tried to stitch shsh into the original ipsw with iFaith. Then restore in redsnow. Clicked yes when asked to preserve baseband. Unfortunately got the error: restoring to this ipsw is not currently available.

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I think something wrong with redsnow shsh stitch option. I tried restoring 2 different ways.

1) Create an ipsw with snowbreeze using the baseband preservation option, then I stitched the shsh into this ipsw with redsnow. In this case I got the error -1 in itunes.

2) I stitched the shsh into the original ipsw with redsnow. Then in redsnow I clicked on restore, browsed this ipsw. It asked if I want redsnow to prevent baseband from update. I clicked yes. During the process I got the following error: http://s7.postimg.org/l8lz63drv/j_k_p_1.png

Is there other way to create an ipsw, which preserves my baseband and my saves shsh stitched in it?

sn0wbreeze in ifaith mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Let's try it. If I build the ipsw, shall I restore in iTunes? Will it update my baseband?

Yes, put in pwned DFU mode and restore in iTunes. It shouldn't update your baseband as its made using sn0wbreeze. You should be able to update to iPad baseband and then downgrade should it happen to update your bassband

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
Finally I could update to iOS 6.1.2 with baseband 5.13.04. Thanks for your help, i can not appreciate enough. I will write here the whole process, if somebody have a similar problem, will find the solution here.

- In snowbreeze, I used iFaith mode, to create a signed ipsw.
- On twitter, I asked iH8sn0w, if I use the signed ipsw, which I created with snowbreeze's iFaith, will it update my baseband. They sad no. SO IFAITH WILL NEVER UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND.
- Then shift+restore in iTunes, browsed the signed ipsw. No error.
- When finished restore, my phone rebooted. I don't know why but evasi0n automatically did a jailbreak on my phone.
- So now, I only needed to activate. I removed the sim card, and with the help of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2lWRPN6-nc) video, i could bypass activation screen.
- Then opened cydia, installed SAM from bingner repo. This made my iPhone activated.
- Finally I installed ultrasnow, and now everything is working fine.

Hope I can help someone, and of course thanks for MacRumors users for their help once more.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Finally I could update to iOS 6.1.2 with baseband 5.13.04. Thanks for your help, i can not appreciate enough. I will write here the whole process, if somebody have a similar problem, will find the solution here.

- In snowbreeze, I used iFaith mode, to create a signed ipsw.
- On twitter, I asked iH8sn0w, if I use the signed ipsw, which I created with snowbreeze's iFaith, will it update my baseband. They sad no. SO IFAITH WILL NEVER UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND.
- Then shift+restore in iTunes, browsed the signed ipsw. No error.
- When finished restore, my phone rebooted. I don't know why but evasi0n automatically did a jailbreak on my phone.
- So now, I only needed to activate. I removed the sim card, and with the help of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2lWRPN6-nc) video, i could bypass activation screen.
- Then opened cydia, installed SAM from bingner repo. This made my iPhone activated.
- Finally I installed ultrasnow, and now everything is working fine.

Hope I can help someone, and of course thanks for MacRumors users for their help once more.

Did they mean that sn0wbreeze in iFaith mode won't update the baseband, the standalone iFaith, or both?

When you create a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze, I believe they upload cydia and all the default jailbreak packages inside the custom firmware as well

zulu0121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2013
Did they mean that sn0wbreeze in iFaith mode won't update the baseband, the standalone iFaith, or both?

When you create a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze, I believe they upload cydia and all the default jailbreak packages inside the custom firmware as well

This is what I asked: http://s17.postimg.org/rexqszgpb/973381_576363982395028_962203114_n.jpg

I used snowbreeze's iFaith, so this means both, the standalone iFaith and snowbreeze's iFaith, will never update your baseband!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.