iPhone 3GS shipped with bad SIM cards?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by george71, Jun 18, 2009.

1. george71 macrumors newbie

Below is an email I received from Apple regarding my iPhone 3GS shipment. This morning I received another email stating the new SIM card won't be delivered until June 24-26th. My order page still however says that I will receive the phone tomorrow... What good is the phone without a working SIM, Any advice??

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

We appreciate your recent iPhone 3G purchase at the Apple Online Store.

While Apple strives to ship every product without error, our records
    indicate your iPhone 3G shipped with a defective SIM Card. If the SIM
    Card is defective, you will not be able to activate your iPhone 3G.

To resolve the issue, we are sending you a replacement SIM Card via
    overnight shipping. To track your replacement SIM Card please visit
    our online Order Status page at www.apple.com/orderstatus .

Once you receive your iPhone 3G and replacement SIM Card, remove
    the defective card from your iPhone 3G and insert the replacement.
    Then, simply connect your iPhone 3G to iTunes to complete your
    activation.

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

If the SIM doesn't work, and you haven't gotten the replacement yet, go to the AT&T store. They will give you another one.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Hmm. It says on the e-mail that the iPhone 3G you ordered. Not the 3GS.

I'd double check with your order status to make sure you ordered the right one..:eek::eek::eek::eek:

4. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Stop being a stereotypical lazy American and drive down to AT&T to get a new SIM card. It takes five minutes. I know it's not as convenient as placing your order online and waiting for somebody to hand deliver it to you, but at least you reach a resolution more quickly than waiting for June 24.

5. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I believe you can just use the sim card you already have, worse case scenario, you can get a sim card from AT&T. Heck, you may even want to pick one up today so you don't have to contend with the masses tomorrow..

6. earltedly macrumors newbie

I'm afraid I just lol'd at the bold bit... :D

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Wouldn't walking not be less stereotypical? (and what's stereotypical about it anyhow?) Rather than using a car to get a redundant item from an AT&T store that was being mailed beforehand anway? :p

8. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

What he said.

9. bellanotte03 macrumors newbie

Bad SIM card

I received my iPhone 3GS yesterday. It worked great for an hour and then I got an error message that said there was no SIM card installed! I turned off the phone took out the card and reinserted, turned on the phone and it still wouldn't recognize the card. Did it 3 times no luck. I looked at the card and it looks scraped up. Even reset the phone. Now I'm waiting for a new card that AT&T is shipping. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than wait in a horrendous line at the AT&T store. I still have my old phone and a few days won't hurt after waiting a very long time to get the 3GS.:p

10. klabrecq macrumors newbie

Bellanotte03, how did it go? I had the exact same problem. Scratched up SIM card in a brand new 3GS. I also had to get a new SIM from the AT&T store. Thankfully there was no waiting and they had me out of there in 15 minutes.