iphone 3gs signal issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by michaelb136, May 18, 2011.

1. michaelb136 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me because I just don't know what to do anymore!

A few months ago I started getting really bad signal when I was at home, I'm in the UK on the orange network. It's now got to the stage where whenever I'm at home it just says 'no service' on my phone. When I go out to other places in my city I get varying signal from very good to just one bar. I recently went on holiday to Egypt for a week and got full signal all the time I was there...

I've spoken to the people at Orange several times and I'm currently waiting for somebody to call me back regarding this problem. She told me that there is no problem with the masts or signal in my area so there is nothing they can do about it. Somebody I spoke to before said that since I was getting signal in other places, it couldn't be a problem with my phone.

Do you think this is true?

Thanks, any help or advice would be really appreciated!

2. miketheg macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem.

I'm on AT&T in the US, and I am frequently losing signal completely, or losing my data connection, in places that I used to get full signal. I'm sitting in my office right now and my phone says 'No signal.' I've been in this exact office for over a year, and never lost signal in here until about 2 weeks ago. Now it's rare to have signal. I have to step outside to make a call or use data.

I'd love to be able to blame AT&T for this, but I'm starting to suspect it's a problem with my phone. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

3. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

I can no longer get any 3G signal on my 3GS. I've had to turn 3G off entirely to use my phone. It's quite frustrating.