iPhone 3GS Sim Card Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nerzhul, Apr 11, 2012.

1. nerzhul macrumors newbie

Hello,

I got iphone 3gs and suddenly a week ago after phone didnt have sim card installed inside, suddenly No Service came to left corner, before that it said normally No Sim, after that No Service, I tried to put my sim card in but nothing happens? It didn't ask pin code, didn't popup anything, rebooted, cleaned the tray and tried other sims but nothing, any suggestions?

2. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

you can try

settings>general>reset> Reset Network Settings

3. nerzhul thread starter macrumors newbie

4. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

can you take it to an apple store?

maybe try going to the wireless retailer and asking for a new sim? Probably won't help if you've tried other sims, but worth a try.

Any chance the iPhone is locked and you are trying to use it on a different carrier?

5. nerzhul thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that's a one to take it to apple store, but just wanted to try something else before that, it's locked but I'm using the carrier sim card what it is locked for, I tried to restore phone from iTunes but when it comes to the stage where u need to activate the phone, it trys to activate but not working still No Service and cant get to use the phone, tried my girlfriends card what is the same carrier but nothing happens.

6. Colonjay macrumors newbie

It's because the radio is fried. Happens to the 3G and 3GS.

7. nerzhul thread starter macrumors newbie