iPhone 3GS slow since iOS4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Confuzzeled23, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a slow down on their 3GS since updating to iOS4? I find that when calls come in it's pike the phone kind of stops, the lock screen background comes up and it vibrates and it takes a few seconds before it comes up with the answer decline buttons. Also it seems so be slower opening apps? The phone wasn't like this before the update.

Anyone else experiencing a slow down?

2. Glam macrumors newbie

I felt 3g became too slow when 3gs came out. U just start to look at old things in different way when something better comes out lol

3. LWX macrumors member

I've noticed a bit of a slow down - but don't know if this is psychological with knowing I'm getting something "better" soon...

;)

4. eatapc macrumors newbie

Try a Reset

Go to Settings >General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

You'll have to re-customize a couple of things (bottom buttons in iPod, ask to join Wi-Fi, Passcode Lock, etc.), but your iPhone 3g will be back to normal speed.

5. interconnect macrumors regular

interconnect

I've noticed this as well... the same issues you mention. It's sometimes slow to answer a call and the lock screen can be seen in the background behind the picture I have stored of the caller. I will submit some feedback to Apple on this.

6. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

At least I am not alone. I hope this is fixable by apple in the next update to iOS4 which probably won't be for a while :(

How can I go about submitting feedback information to Apple?

Thanks.