iPhone 3Gs slowing down

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by youngsunnz, Jun 26, 2009.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

I got my iPhone 3Gs when it was released and since then my phone has slowed down. I have downloaded an application need for speed and while playing it after 10 min my game slows down pauses continues pauses and conitnues etc. Then I turn off and turn on my phone and then the same thing happens with the game then I turn it off and on again and then i press mail and it goes to my game really slowly and white screen of the mail pops up and stays like that for 3 to 4 seconds and then my gmail pops up and same with my settings weather has this happened to anyone and I took it to the apple store and they said I need to reset it and I did so and it has happened again does this mean something is wrong with my phone? Thanks for the help

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

3. youngsunnz thread starter macrumors regular

yeah it does it gets pretty hot i can feel it through my case which is a incase slider

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Does this happen when you aren't playing the game? Honestly, my guess is that its starting to overheat which will cause bobbles like that.

5. youngsunnz thread starter macrumors regular

yeah sometimes it does, does that mean i shouldnt do what im doing or is it a defected iphone and apple should replace it

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Should go without saying that if it is overheating, then the case you put on it could contribute to the problem, and that's not really Apple's fault.

7. prat84 macrumors newbie

iPhone 3gs slowing down freezing problem

I picked up the new iPhone 3gs about 4 days ago and up until right now it was working flawlessly and very quickly.

It was super quick and then all of a sudden, it slows down and starts freezing up. Tonight, after I reached 3 full pages of downlaoded aps..proceeded to streame a few HQ movie trailers, and then browsed for a couple of things online right after that, i got a text, tried responding, the darn thing started freezing up on me. when i was typing a reply text it was freeze upon selecting a letter and became super laggy.

Then when you navigate between menus and options, the screen movement seems choppy and slow. The phone also seems to get a lil warm after some uage.

I think I'm gonna have to return this back to ATT and hopefully they'll give me a replacement.

Anyone else have similar issues with their iPhones? I wonder if this is a widespread bug among the iPhone 3gs or if its just mine...