iPhone 3GS smashed - intermittent audio

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Braonan, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Braonan macrumors newbie

Long story short I smashed it good, the screen was shattered but I replaced that. Audio, any audio, comes and goes but mostly goes. I took it to an Apple store, they said a cable was loose and fixed that. Audio worked for about 30 min after that and then reverted back to what it was doing. Occasionally, the screen will go dark and the phone is unresponsive to button pressing. It will immediately come back on if I apply pressure to the top part of the screen, near the ear piece, a good squeeze and it's back..sometimes Accomanied with static coming from the speaker. It has been rare for it to lock up like that though, maybe twice in the last couple of days.

Any ideas? I don't want to start dropping money into repairs and then find out I would have been better off buying a used one for a couple hundred.

2. Braonan thread starter macrumors newbie

Any similar experiences with this type of problem?

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I think the headphone jack and associated ribbon cables is reasonably cheap. I would give that a try but it won't help your screen, that sounds like another problem.

Should upgrade and sell it for parts maybe.