iPhone 3GS Smashed Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacFanUK, Jul 19, 2010.

1. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

My fiance's iPhone 3Gs got thrown at a table today which resulted in the glass covering the screen to get shattered. The screen is ok with no marks but the glass is in about 1000 pieces.

I've had a look on eBay and the glass can be bought for £8.50 but I'm just wondering if there would be any difference between one off eBay and the original Apple part.

Thanks in advance.

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I use copy parts and they are fine. What I would say is think twice about doing it yourself. I have dealt with the aftermath of many a wrecked phone.

Cheers

Spencer

3. Jamz00 macrumors member

Yeah be extremely careful. I broke my speaker by using a hairdryer to melt the screen's glue (a youtube video told me to do that). I'd just use the dryer around the bottom and peel the glue off around the top/speaker area.

4. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

It's actually a cheap and easy fix now. Just be careful and take your time. There are a lot of walk through videos out there that will show good detail on how to do it. Just look for a seller with good feedback as there are a lot selling them now. They are also pretty cheap as well. Many for $15 shipped.

Good luck!