iPhone 3GS space bar hardly working!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DJEFFX, Sep 23, 2011.

1. DJEFFX macrumors newbie

FULL SUMMARY OF WHATS HAPPENED:

This is seriously ticking me off, had my brothers iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 for about 2-3 months, was working fine, no problems until today, I was on a call, when I finished, I tried pressing the 'End Call' button, but it didn't work, so I pressed the sleep/wake button to end the call, whatever, didn't think much of it at the time, later on I tried unlocking my phone(slide to unlock, just to clarify :p) and the bar went to about half way and went back, so I just locked it, and unlocked it again and it worked slightly better, I got a bit worried so I rebooted my iPhone, didn't make a difference. So later on I get a text, I try to reply to it, as I preview what I've written so far, I realised that none of the text had spaces between them, all joined together, so I attempted to write it out again, no luck, later on I figured out that I have to hold the space button for about half a second for it to actually function, aswell as the rest of the bottom half of my screen, I really do not want to be holding down every button for about a second everytime I want to write something. Any help/tips would be very much appreciated! I havn't actually done much to try to sort it out myself as I don't want to be getting into something I know nothing of, if you know anything about this please reply! this is extremely annoying! :mad:
    Thank you guys,
    -Deej

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

It sounds as though you have a hardware problem, unfortunately.

However, just to completely rule out a software glitch, it might be worth your while restoring your iPhone back to Factory Settings. You can do this in iTunes when you connect your phone. Just make sure your data is backed-up before you use this option. When the restore is complete, you'll have the opportunity to restore your data back again.

Good luck!

RTP.

3. DJEFFX thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi RodThePlod,
    Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it, although I have one question, how could I back up my apps/music etc? any specific software or programme I might need?
    Thank you,
    Regards,