iPhone 3GS speaker trouble/phone freeze

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by instinct4ever, Jul 15, 2009.

1. instinct4ever macrumors newbie

I had an issue with my iPhone 3GS(purchased through online pre-ordering on 19th June). The trouble is that the speaker completely stopped working. There was no sound from YouTube videos or the iPod or anything else. Even when I got an call there was no ringtone. A few seconds after this problem occurred, my phone froze and the touch screen didnt respond to anything. Today the freeze was for about a minute.

The trouble is that this has happened before too, just 3 days after I received the phone. At that time the phone was frozen for about a good 5 mins. I called up Apple support at that time and they ran their diagnostics(one of which was an advise to turn the vibrate "off" on ring). When nothing worked out they did a hard reset on my phone and then everything seemed to be working fine until today when the bug stuck for the second time. I ignored the first glitch but now I am really thinking of replacing this phone as it hasn't even been a month into the new iPhone and it has lost a lot of my trust.

Is there anybody who encountered a similar problem? Did you get any useful permanent fix? Any other advises or should I rush straight away to the apple store?

2. instinct4ever thread starter macrumors newbie