iPhone 3GS spontaniously reboot?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adster, Jun 30, 2009.

1. adster macrumors regular

So earlier today, I was playing Let's Golf! (great game BTW) and in the middle of the game, the iPhone just rebooted. No warning, no nothing...just sitting there and POOF, :apple: logo. What's interesting to note is that it happened in the main menu (after I played full game) and I didn't touch anything before it happened.

Afterward, I synced and the typical crash dialog popped up and ther was a 'Panics' folder along with a 'ResetCounter.crash' file.

Anyone else have a spontaneous reboot? Is this a sign of things to come? :cool:

2. Fibbons macrumors member

It happens to me about 4 times a day, since I got it. And crashes back to the home screen about 20 times a day. It will even crash while in my pocket, playing music.

It's so annoying that I might just do a massive turd on it.

3. mciarlo macrumors 6502

mciarlo

Restore your iPhone in DFU mode. It should eliminate the rebooting issues. If not, bring it to your nearest Apple Store or call Apple Support for a replacement.

4. sesnir macrumors 6502

I had that issue on my 3G, and the only thing that fixed it was to do a clean restore and start from scratch.

5. Fibbons macrumors member

I've tried both of those things, still the same problem. I can't seem to get a reservation at the Apple Store, it's always booked up.

I'm wondering whether it might be to do with me dropping the phone into the toilet, but I did wipe off the feces and put it on the radiator to dry it out.