Iphone 3GS stuck after restoring via iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Wallin, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Wallin macrumors newbie

Hi,

I had a 3GS that was jailbreaked. It was starting to bug up so i thought id restore it. Did it via the iphone itself as i didnt know if restore via itunes would affect it.

Now the phone started its process shutted down then booted up again... there its stuck... on screen i currently see the silver apple and the "working" symbolin the middle of the screen. overlapping eachother. Its stuck.. been like this for many hours. At first i thought it might just be that it was slow.

Ive tried:
    Connecting it to Itunes on my own and a diffrent computer
    Holding in Power and Home button for 1 minute.

Same thing occurs, goes a minute or two where its just the silver apple then the working symbol( resembles a star i guess) pop up and there it stands for hours on end..

Been searching the web for ages now.. cant find anything that fixes this.
    If anyone know id greatly appreciate it.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I am not sure what you mean by restoring via the iPhone itself.

If your phone was unlocked with Pwnage in the first place and you have a Mac, you should try to restore to a new custom firmware, so you can keep your jailbreak.

If that doesn't work, all you'll be able to do is restore to standard 3.1.3, as the older firmwares are now unsigned. You need to get it into DFU mode and restore with iTunes.

This is how you do DFU:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

On 3.1.3 you will be stuck without a jailbreak for now, unfortunately.