iPhone 3GS stuck and won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chr1s60, May 21, 2010.

1. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I have an iPhone3GS, which I had jaibroken on 3.1.2. Last night I was having issues with my phone so I decided to restore. When I plugged my phone into iTunes and set it up to restore it got stuck in the middle of restoring on the progress bar screen. It just sat there and no longer progressed for over 30 minutes. I have attempted to restore again and still have the same issues. I have tried restoring to 3.1.2 through the Cydia route and still had no success. I have also built a custom 3.1.2 in Pwnage and after building the custom firmware, I can't get Pwnage tool to recognize my phone. If anybody has any idea on what I can do to fix this, please help. Your help is greatly appreciated!!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try using a different computer. Also, consider using Redsn0w, if PwnageTool won’t work.

3. chr1s60 thread starter macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Thanks for the help. I had no luck with redsn0w either, but I went to a friend's house and got my phone to restore on her computer.

4. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

most likely your ipsw file for 3.1.2 is damaged or corrupted. basically would need to redownload the file to use later on.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I had the same problem. Upgrade to iTunes 9.9.1.