iPhone 3GS stuck in endless loop

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OhioLefty, Nov 19, 2011.

1. OhioLefty, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

OhioLefty macrumors regular

A co-worker brought me her daughter's iPhone 3GS stuck in an endless loop (white Apple followed by spinning wheel then Reboot, white Apple followed by spinning wheel then Reboot, etc.) Sometimes I see the progress bar under the white Apple but only for a second.

Here is where it gets interesting. I managed to finally get it to kick out of the loop only to see GreenPois0n start to run. HUH!? The mom claims the iPhone has never been jb and claims her 10 yr. old daughter has no idea what she is talking about. Anyway, the screen runs some kind of script but fails. I've only seen this once the whole time I've had the phone but someone definitely tried to jb whether it was the daughter covering her tracks or a friend.

I used iForecast and saw that the software was iOS 5.0.1 (I know, GreenPois0n and 5.0.1 don't mix but the mom says she updated the to iOS 5.0.1 after the phone started acting up, just like what I've been trying. I thought maybe a restore might do the trick.

I have done three (3) seperate "Restores" through iTunes and selected "Set up as new phone" only to go right back into the "endless loop" every time.

I'm not new to jb'ing and have had mine jb'ed for the last two (2) years and feel pretty comfortable with what I'm doing. I've even check the three (3) main cables under the LCD (I actually replaced the LCD and Digitizer for her a few months ago) and all was good.

iTunes sees the phone in DFU as well as Recovery and goes through the "Restore" without any issues.

Any ideas? :confused: Thanks in advance...

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try going in to DFU and restore that way.

Maybe a bad download in itunes so try a fresh download.