iPhone 3GS stuck in recovery but doesn't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hattar34, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Hattar34 macrumors newbie

Hi I've have been having trouble with an iPhone 3GS and getting it out of recovery mode. I tried connection it to the computer and restoring on iTunes but it just gave me a 1002 error and I don't know how else to get it out, and I'm pretty sure the hold the power button then home button thing isn't going to work so if you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks.

2. gccshrey macrumors member

3. Hattar34 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried using that but I don't think I am using it right... I have nothing on the phone like shsh and I don't even know what firmware it's on bc I'm stuck on recovery mode.. Can you explain to me how I could use tinyumbrella or even if there is something else? I have tried jailbreaking it to get it out also, and I think it is on firmware 4.2.1 because that's what I used with redsn0w to jailbreak and it seemed to go through, but then came back to recovery mode. If you or anyone else could give me some more advice it would be appreciated, thanks!

4. gccshrey macrumors member

first download tiny umbrella and then click on save my ssh blobs..it will let u know whether u hav ur ssh blobs saved or not.
    then start tss server ,it will kill itunes. Click "kick out of recovery mode" and now put ur phone in dfu mode and start restoring back with itunes..
    it should definately work . i restored mine via the same process.

5. geque75 macrumors regular

Will this work on iPhone 4 (not to hijack)

I have the same issue but with an iPhone 4. It has been working fine for months, then about an hour ago I started getting pop-up that this accessory is not compatable?? Turned off my phone and now it will not work. When I turn my phone on and open iTunes it says my phone is in recovery mode and all I can do is restore. So, i hit okay and it does it's thing. Says the phone has been restored and will reboot. Well, when it reboots, I says that it is in recovery mode and I must restore. Same cycle.

6. Hattar34 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i tried to save the shsh blobs but it doesnt give me the option to click on enter/exit reovery or save shsh. all it allows me to click on is start tss

7. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Is it an 8GB 3Gs?

My friend yesterday has had the same problem. I've told them to just book an appointment at Apple as its under warranty rather than play with it any further

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Does it show your device as connected? If you don't see it in the left hand column, then that means tiny umbrella isn't recognizing your device.

9. Hattar34 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a 16gb one, and yeah that's what I was thinking of doing, but the nearest apple store to me is an hour away

10. Hattar34 thread starter macrumors newbie

No Its not showing up in the left hand column, but it shows up an iTunes which tells me that the computer recognizes it, so I am not sure why it won't recognize it