IPhone 3GS Stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Adele30, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Adele30 macrumors newbie

HI
    My iphone is stuck in recovery mode and will not restore on itunes. i have unistalled itunes and re-installed, i have attempted recovery 10+ times but keep getting error 6. Same issue with my ipod touch. more concrened re phone though as it's new. Any ideas?? my nearest apple store is a long way away!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Your iPhone has a hardware issue and should be replaced.

3. Adele30 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a replacement! Only replaced on 10th Oct!! How annoying!

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Time to get that one replaced. Asked Apple for a brand new one this time and no refurbished units.

5. Bratheryst macrumors newbie

Logic would dictate that if this is happening between both your iPod touch as well as your iPhone, both of which are running variants of the same operating system, the problem isn't with the devices as much as its something wrong with the computer itself. There is a list of known error code on the Apple support site.

However, usually all restore errors can fall into three categories:

Bad usb connectivity
    Bad network connectivity
    (most rare) bad device

With that said, disable all firewalls, make sure that you're not plugging into a usb hub, and that the cord isn't bent out of shape. If any of these do not pass, its probably going to end in an error code of some form.