iPhone 3GS stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shawnwei, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Shawnwei, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011

Shawnwei macrumors newbie

When restoring the phone it gets to the end and then runs and error (1002) I have taken the phone into the apple store and the guy quietly over the counter said there is a way to fix this by doing a jailbreak.

Problem is I have tried running spirit and it can't find the device.

I have tested this issue on multiple computers and with 3 separate cables and have confirmation from the "Genius Bar" that the thing is corrupt.

Have any of you had any luck fixing this, I would at least like to have this working as an iPod touch for my daughter as I've already purchase a new phone.

Thanks in advance.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

First and foremost, I sincerely do not believe that an Apple employee recommended a jailbreak.

Secondly, Spirit tool only works for the older firmwares (3.1.3, for example) and if you're not on that then it won't do anything for your phone.

Thirdly, I don't see how jailbreaking your iDevice could bring it out of a "brick-like" state.

Try putting your iPhone in DFU mode and restoring to the latest firmware with iTunes.

3. Shawnwei thread starter macrumors newbie

I sincerely hate it when people call me a liar, two employees suggested it quietly. Moving on I have tried DFU with no luck and just to clarify the error code is 1002, I've updated the above.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I wasn't trying to offend you personally, it's just that since you're new here, it makes your story that much less plausible to me.

This is directly taken from the Apple website: