Iphone 3GS Stuck on Apple Logo After Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by foobyde, Oct 27, 2010.

1. foobyde macrumors newbie

hello

I have a 3GS on 3.1.3

I was looking to jailbreak it so i just googled and found Geohot's Limera1n jailbreak

fired up itunes and Limera1n,did the whole power hold and home and then home only hold

the Limera1n logo comes up and its loading for something and it goes off and then comes the apple logo and its stuck here

Limera1n on PC says its done,says it was Limera1n RC1b jailbreak and thanks to Comex

what should i do?

i tried the restore thing in itunes but it gives a warning that with the restoring process it will update to the latest software which i don't want cause i don't know whether the latest iOS and baseband has been jailbroken or not

now i am doing some research and found out Limera1n was not made for 3.1.3

am i in alot trouble? -please help

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

There is a jailbreak available for 4.1, but if you need an unlock you're screwed (and not in the good way).
    Limerain was made for 4.1. It'll work after an upgrade to 4.1.
    Do you have your SHSH blobs saved? If not, now is a good time to start saving them with Tiny Umbrella. You can only save 4.1, because that's what Apple is signing for. However, this'll cover you in the future.

3. foobyde thread starter macrumors newbie

isn't there anyway start the phone up without updating?

also there is news that 4.1 has been unlocked

i don't have the SHSH as this was the first time i was jailbreaking my device

also can't i use pwnage tool to get a custom firmware update

4. laddhaaditya macrumors newbie

i am facing the same problem and dont have any details and what is SHSH i dont have it.
    i dont wnat to save any data on the phone i just want to make it work.

plz. let me know the procedure

thanks

5. laddhaaditya macrumors newbie

i try to restore my i phone but it doesn't work :(((