Iphone 3gs Stuck--Yes I have searched the forums first

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by slimchance, Nov 4, 2011.

1. slimchance macrumors newbie

First, I would like to say that I have searched to forums for my answers and I was unable to restore.......Now here is my issue----My friend gave me an Iphone about a 3 days ago. I didn't know the phone was previously jailbroken. How I knew was because it had a T-mobile sim card inside. As soon connected it to my PC it went into recovery mode. My friend said he didn't know the firmware and he didn't have any shsh blobs saved. The phone is stuck in recovery mode. I thought I would update in itunes to original firmware and then jailbreak. According to Itunes my original firmware is 4.2. This is what was downloaded from itunes and started to install ok until I got error 1015. I tried everything from iReb, Umbrella, Ifaith. Still stuck. When I tried snowbreeze with custom firmware I got the "The iPhone Could not be Restored Because Firmware is not Compatible" I even tried other original firmwares 4.1, 4.3.3 etc. I still got the same error message. I also changed my host file as well. I have tried DFU mode(black screen right?) I still got the firmware is not compatible error when using custom or original firmwares. iREB said I was in a pwned state and to shift click restore in itunes. Still same old incompatible error. Am I missing something else? Please help.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can't install an old iOS without blobs. You can only install the latest iOS.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Isn't that the answer? What have you been searching? Did you try searching "how to downgrade firmware"? I bet not because if you did then it's very likely that it would have mentioned about requiring shsh.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

but guys he wants the loop hole way to it. You know our secret way nod nod wink wink. Come on lets tell him what the heck.