iPhone 3GS switch on family plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zap2, Jun 8, 2009.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

So right now I have a 3G iPhone on one family plan line...another line is due for an upgrade. I'm trying to get it where I can buy the 3GS at the 299(for 32GB), with the line that is up for an new phone, but then use it on my current 3G number. What I'd like to avoiding getting data on the line which can upgraded(the person using it has no need)

So do we think this is possible? People I know did who did it at a best buy(with a BlackJack 2)

Has anyone don't this with just 3G iPhone? Any ideas would be great

2. acarney macrumors 6502

I was going to do the same thing until I remembered about the data plan issue. I figure the ONLY way is to pay double data until the first line is out of the two year date (for me would have been 12/12/09 since I got the 3G on it's release day) and then canceling the iPhone service on that original line and going back to just a normal phone. Either that or paying an ETF to cancel data on the "new" iphone 3GS line? That might save you $49 over the early upgrade of $499. (what I ended up just paying... I figure they'll refund me if there are any price changes officially by Apple in the coming week or two.)

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

You'll need to add the data plan, however, in a month or two say the phone was stolen and have that person use their regular phone. Unless something changes, AT&T will cancel the data plan.