IPhone 3GS terrible reception!! Need Advice Please.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aked1217, Jun 6, 2010.

1. aked1217 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have owned the original Iphone, the Iphone 3G, and now the Iphone 3GS. My reception is terrible. I will go from bars to no bars, from 3g to edge to nothing at all. It is really frustrating. I have so much invested into apple and AT&T between myself my wife and children. I have browsed the internet for all the little fixes. I have tried restoring and resetting network settings, I have tried a new SIM card and I have even tried the scotch tape trick.
    Should I go to an Apple retailer and get a replacement or have it repaired. Or, is it that the Apple Iphone gets terrible reception on the AT&T network. If anyone has any advice or additional fixes that may work that I haven't tried, please let me know. Or, should I just replace the phone. Thanks everyone. Look forward to the feedback, before I throw the phone through the wall.

Thanks again
    aked1217

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I've come to the conclusion that the 3Gs doesn't get anywhere near the same reception as the 3G. My wife and I have both and her 3G sitting on the kitchen table in exactly the the same position and setting gets full bars reception, where my 3Gs will get no more than two. In many places inside our own home, my Gs loses signal completely where her 3G always has 3-4 bars with zero issues.

Not sure why.