iPhone 3GS tethering crashing problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 5683565, Mar 20, 2010.

1. 5683565 Suspended

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 3GS on a Vodafone NZ contract and I am having a problem with tethering via USB.

I do use tethering quite a bit with my Macbook as my University's proxy server makes it rather difficult to enjoy having internet access from every application on the laptop. I also have 3GB of monthly data, so may as well use it. It is a bit annoying however, as the iPhone's internet connection is only about 3-4Mbps where I live, but it's generally enough.

The problem, is that after about 30-45 mins of browsing (tethering), the iPhone crashes. It locks up, and I have to crash it by holding down both buttons. It also takes about 5 minutes to actually restart too. It just sits on the Apple logo.

What's going on? Anyone else find this problem?

Cheers
    J

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

It should not be doing that. Maybe a fresh install will fix it. I can tether for hours with no problem.

3. 5683565 thread starter Suspended

Actually, I have a question about doing a fresh install. I do have a backup of my iPhone (do it daily), but if I do this, will all my 'achievements' in my games be kept?

4. pentateu macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS tethering crashing probleI have the same problem

I have the same problem with iPhone 3GS and Vodafone NZ. Sometime is only 15 minutes and the iPhone crashes.

Anyone had this problem and managed to solve it?

5. neshkito macrumors member

Yes,but I still dont have the fix. Or the idea how to fix it );