Iphone 3gs to Iphone 4 - Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carmy, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Carmy macrumors member

Hi,

I am about to upgrade from iPhone 3gs to the iPhone 4....I have tonnes of pictures on my camera roll and lots of places marked on the 'maps' section, which I don't want to lose.

Can anyone tell me what the easiest method is to move photos from my old iphone to my new one?

Can you just sync it with itunes? or is there some other way? any help would be great, thanks!

2. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

What kind of computer do you have?

3. Carmy thread starter macrumors member

4. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can use image capture to get the photos off of your phone. I created a folder called iPhone Pics For that specific purpose. You should sync and backup your 3G one last time and then setup your 4 as a restore and it should be fine but backup those pics through image capture just to be safe. Lemme know if you need help with that program.

5. Carmy thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. :)

I am a total noob when it comes to this kind of thing. How can I get image capture? could you do like a step-by-step guide on the process if it's not too much trouble :eek:

Is there no easier way to import all things from one iphone to another?

6. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Image Capture is on your Mac

Just plug in your phone and open Image Capture (in the Applications Folder)

Your phone should show up on the left toolbar--click that, and tell it to import pics. On the bottom it will list the folders. If you've already created a folder called "iPhone Pics" then you can select that folder to import into.

Does that help? If you are missing a step, or are confused, let me know.

7. Torresangel88 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

Just plug in your 3GS and let it back up, when you get your iPhone 4 plug it in and click restore from 3GS backup, after its done all your pictures from your 3GS will be on your 4.

8. Carmy thread starter macrumors member

Thank you both very much, I managed to do it and have kept all my photos marked on places, yay.

Thanks again for your help. :)