Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
C

champ01

Original poster
Ok so this morning somebody called me on my Iphone and as I wanted to pick up I couldn't control the slider anymore
After sliding over and over again it finally worked but after that the top and bottom stopped working :(
Now I have to wait 2 weeks for a new one because there all sold out :(

Anybody else having these problems with there new Iphone 3GS?

(mine is a 32GB white version)

TheNewsPaperBoy

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009
Florida
YUP!! The left side of my screen went out last night. Going to day for a warranty claim, hopefully they wont be busy.... I also cant control the slider it just freaks out.

C

champ01

Original poster
These things can happen and there so populair right now that its sold out at the moment
So I can't expect Apple or the store where I bought the Iphone from to give me a new one when there are non

Here a video to show the problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYze_RCFxpg

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
These things can happen and there so populair right now that its sold out at the moment
So I can't expect Apple or the store where I bought the Iphone from to give me a new one when there are non

Here a video to show the problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYze_RCFxpg
Well, you're more patient than I, because I'd be telling/asking them to have one shipped from a different region. All the regions aren't sold out, and you have an unusable phone (I'm assuming; haven't watched the video). They could easily get one sent from a different store within a couple of days.

C

champ01

Original poster
They have a new one at another store
I can pick it up tomorrow :)

Houls

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2008
Same here

Got a new one at the Genius Bar for a touch screen issue as well. I tried restoring it 4 times and the screen kept freezing during calls etc..they replaced it apologized for the faulty phone.

TheNewsPaperBoy

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009
Florida
They didnt have to replace my phone, the connector that connects the digitizer was faulty so they replaced that and I was good to go :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.