iphone 3Gs touchscreen disable when a call comes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bharti, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bharti macrumors newbie

i just bought an iphone 3GS so still new with it.

can anyone help me on how i can disable touchscreen when a call comes. Its like when a call comes and im removing the phone from the cover the call either gets declined or answered due to my fingers touching the screen
    so i want to disable the touch screen for only when a call comes. i can may be use the home button to receive the call and not use the touch screen.

i dont even know if there is really a way i can do this so need the help...
    thanks in advance.

2. mhn1234 macrumors newbie

disavling screen

i dont believe there is a way to do what you want - you just need to be more careful when removing the phone from the case

when you are on a call and have the phone next to your ear there is a proximity sensor that will automatically disable the screen so you dont do anything on it when you are talking - if you move the phone away from your ear the screen should come back on

3. bharti thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thank you...
    i tried searching again if i get the option for turning off the touch screen but didnt saw it anywhere in the phone so yeah may be there is no way i can do it...
    but anyway thanks for your reply.