iPhone 3GS uneven bezel

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by moka, Jul 2, 2009.

1. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

32GB White iPhone 3Gs

Left Side of the phones bezel is perfectly aligned, right side is somehow higher so running my finger across it I can tell it's not evenly flushed with the screen and the left side bezel..

Question is how can this be possible? Is it the bezel? The iPhone it self or the way it's put together? This does not bother me much but I'd just like to know what could be causing this issue

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

3. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

I had that problem with my 3G, but not with my current 3GS. Although, my camera lens bezel sticks out further than it should.

4. critic81 macrumors regular

I had this issue also where the right side bezel was raised. It was quite annoying. I took it back to the apple store and they replaced it with a replacement iphone. The bezel is now flush all the way around the phone, but my home button is a little mushy and the chrome ring around my camera lens is now sticking out. I guess you can't win really. I'm slowly getting used to the mushy home button but the flush bezel on the screen is nice. That i notice the most.

5. dread macrumors 6502a

Blame the chinese. Everything they build is garbage. I am quite dissappointed in the build quality of my phone.

6. JohnFa macrumors regular

For example? I think you, and a bunch of other people, are just nitpicking.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

On one of my new iPhones, the right side bezel is also slightly raised. I haven't lost any sleep over it, though.

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The right side of my bezel is raised and it's hard to get used to because my iPhone 3G had such a smooth feel to it. I feel like I took my 3G for granted.

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

Damn right.... for $600 to $700 dollars we have a right to be nitpicky. If you bought a new car and the bumper was sticking out further on one side, would you deal with it or expect it to be fixed? How about a new TV? What if the screen had specs behind the glass/plastic that you could see when tv was on and off? (reason my FIVE day old 3gs is going back today) People say it's just a phone.... NO it's an up to $700 phone that shouldn't have cosmetic issues new out the box.

10. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

if the car cost me 600 or 700 I would deal with it!

duh

11. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

mine is uneven too but i dont care its close enough

its doent bother me enough to take it all the way to apple and wait for another phone and re-sync and all that junk i'll just live with it
    i only notice it if i try to notice it

12. Que macrumors 6502

and me, it doesn't affect the performance of the phone in the slightest, nor is it visible.

it doesn't alter the use of the phone in any way, shape or form.

boo hoo, i can feel a 0.5mm raise on the bezel.

13. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

The right side of my 3GS is uneven. I'm used to it because on my 3G I improperly applied my BSE and it was uneven, giving the sam effect.

14. Keyhole macrumors member

I had mine swapped out yesterday at the Apple store for the same reason.

15. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

mines is like this too, except on the right handside. i have the 16gb 3gs in white. its annoying sometimes. i was thinkin bout openin the phone then closing it over again to see if it would help.

hmmm oh well
    ive found not all iphones are the same, just depends how it was made.

like my first iphone had a very low standby button, then i got my second, which had a higher button, with more of a click when pressin it. my 3rd iphone has a lower screen level on the right hand side, and a lower standby button.

oh well :D still works

16. jjxc90 macrumors member

2g phone was perfect.

3g had a slight rise on the right bezel. Not a big deal and I learned to deal with it.

3gs has a rise much higher than that of the 3g. My thumb catches it everytime I swipe accross the screen.

Now that I know they will swap it out I just might have to take it in.

17. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

So you're going to let them fix your phone and you're not going to ask for a new one, right?

18. funnyamerican, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

funnyamerican macrumors newbie

will u still blame chinese if u know the truth:
    chinese worker getting only one usd per hour say 0.001% of value
    foxon may getting 10%
    apple may getting 90%

for example, assume 100 chinese workers making 1000 iphone per hour. so each worker makes 10 iphones each hour in average (prudentially). and only earning usd1 out of 6000 (600x10) and most of the money goes to the american boss pocket. risking their lift with hazard chemical since the boss saving extra usd1 to protect them because of low earning from american boss, and competition with all other cheap cost countries. and american people blame chinese making garbage, and take their jobs while it's all caused by what you proud of free economy and american boss decision to cut cost. so everyone blame chinese but it wont fix it even don't have business with china. the jobs wont go back usa, since american boss will go to mexico, india, vietnam as long as the cost is cheap.

it may not be the correct figure but it may close to the fact.

yes i am a chinese.