iPhone 3GS unlocked&jailbreaked upgraded to normal iOS5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dr0xX3rZ, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Dr0xX3rZ macrumors newbie

Hello,

A friend of me who didn't know his phone was unlocked and jailbreaked(ya i know) upgrade to normal version of iOS via iTunes. His phone is now a brick.

He want me to fix it, but I never jailbreaked a iPhone, even more a brick iPhone.

Can anyone tell me the good way to bring back his phone back?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So he trusted you even though you have no clue how to JB, unlock or get an iphone out of recovery:D

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

There are few things you can check;

1. Check to see if this phone has SHSH blobs save. If it does, then downgrade it to the lower firmware where you can jailbreak.

2. If it doesn't have SHSH blob save, then try to downgrade to 4.1. Few days ago, Apple still signs 4.1 for 3GS, if Apple still does, then Itunes will allow you to downgrade it to 4.1.

3. The above 2 methods only allow you to downgrade to lower firmware so you can jailbreak it untether. For unlock, it is a whole new story. You can't unlock it unless you put the ipad baseband on it.

Search for consequences about the Ipad baseband on 3G/3GS and inform to your friend and ask him whether if he wants to move forward or not.

4. Dr0xX3rZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Well he didn't gave me the phone yet, so I have no idea what he did. I was just asking before he give it to me.
    Ok ty.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

TS most likely your friend did/tried to update the BB and somehow the phone got messed up or he selected delete all contents & settings which messes up a jb iPhone too...

6. enferrari macrumors newbie

I got it!!! I made this video for you guys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNK_ZXqF6r0