Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JakeN488

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Hey all,

Hopefully someone can help me out here- it's been an extremely frustrating couple of hours.

I updated to IOS 4.3 a few days ago on my 3GS and everything appeared to be working fine (maybe a tiny bit slower than normal). Today I updated some music on the phone with no issues. After the sync I unplugged the phone and attempted to send an email- the mail app opened to a blank screen and after about 10 seconds my messages started to appear. I quickly did a hard reset thinking it would solve the problem, but it only made it worse.

Basically now every app either freezes up and doesn't load or takes about 15-20 seconds to start up. I attempted to try and restore with itunes but as soon as i plug the phone into my macbook itunes immediately freezes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated- I did search the forum but no one seemed to have the exact issue (not being able to use itunes)

edit: I have not jailbroken my phone so that def is not the issue...

NightShiftMedic

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
I have run into an issue after updating to 4.3 as well. I just purchased a new, still in the unopened box 3GS. I inserted my SIM card and everything worked fine, I was able to make and receive calls with no issues. (I live in Saudi Arabia, the phones are unlocked here by default). I loaded my contacts, music, etc. and then upgraded to 4.3. The update seemed to go smoothly until it was finised updating the firmware. Now I get the message from iTunes that my phone is possibly damaged and cannot be activated. I'm directed to an Apple Store. There are none here.

Any help would be ENORMOUSLY appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.