iPhone 3GS update question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by diegos, Sep 2, 2011.

1. diegos macrumors newbie

I've got a 3GS on the 4.0.2 firmware. Is it possible to just update this to 4.3.3? If so how? It's not jailbroken.

Thank you.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Plug it into iTunes and check for updates. It will take over from there.

3. diegos thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it asks to download 4.3.5, but I don't want that one.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You'll need your SHSH blobs for 4.3.3. If you don't have those, you can only go to 4.3.5. Use TinyUmbrella to see if you have your 4.3.3 blobs.

5. SandboxGeneral, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Use this link for your 3GS to get iOS 4.3.3

From OS X Daily

Then put it in your users/library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates folder. I'd unplug your Internet connection, then plug in your iPhone and press check for update and it should find 4.3.3. If you don't have the iPhone Software Updates folder, create it and put the file inside.

6. diegos thread starter macrumors newbie

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Please reply back if it works or not. I'm curious to know. :)

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The iPhone 3Gs needs an internet connection to verifiy the restore with Apple. An alternative would be to use TinyUmbrella and locally saved SHSH blobs.

Just hold shift on Windows or Option on Mac and click restore. Then browse to the saved 4.3.3 IPSW. But it will not restore to 4.3.3 unless you have your 4.3.3 SHSH blobs.