iPhone 3GS - updating to iOS 6.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikes192, Jul 14, 2013.

1. mikes192 macrumors newbie

Hi!
    I have an iPhone 3GS on iOS 6.0.1. My iPhone is quite buggy and battery life isn't so long (phone has more than three years, so no surprise). I am thinking about updating my iOS to 6.1.3, but I am worried about battery life and performance after the updating. What would you recommend me? Should I update to iOS 6.1.3 or stay on 6.0.1?
    Thank you

2. sando88 macrumors newbie

Hi,I have 3GS and it is running 6.1.3 ,performance is just fine for me no lags,apps are running great(a little slow of course considering the 600mhz processor and 256ram),battery life is ok for me about 3to4 hours of usage(3G always on,browsing,talking,apps etc.),and about 15 to 18 hours on standby.i know it's not near great but it is an old phone and an old battery.

3. mikes192 thread starter macrumors newbie

My apps quite often suddenly stop working. Battery life is similar like yours. And I read that 6.1.3 solves the probleb with facebook app. Is it true? can iOS update fix facebook bugs? isn't t work of an update?

4. sando88 macrumors newbie

Well I don't have any problems with Facebook but I don't think that iOS can fix a third party apps,and I'm trying to remember but I don't think I had serious issues with any app running 6.1.3 battery life will stay the same,my guess is it won't get better.My advice is upgrade and don't worry about it.

5. morsh macrumors newbie

morsh

if you have unlocked phone do nothing .if not just go to iTunes and upgrade

6. mikes192 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an unlocked one. So I should stay on 6.0.1?

7. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Did your phone come factory unlocked or did your carrier unlock it for you after you completed your contract?

8. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Update to 6.1.3. It's been out for awhile and I think is one of the best versions installed on my 3GS.

9. mikes192 thread starter macrumors newbie

my carrier unlocked it

10. sando88 macrumors newbie

Since it is unlocked you should have no problems to update in iTunes,the only problem is if the phone was software unlock. Via jailbreak,since that's not the case here update and don't worry