iPhone 3GS Vibration is faulty. Send to Apple or o2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NStocks, Jun 10, 2010.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

So my iPhone Vibrate doesn't work correctly. When I flick the switch nothing happens but if I knock or tap the phone it will vibrate. This is annoying because if you have it set on vibrate and have the phone in your pocket, it will randomly vibrate when you walk...

I contacted o2 a week ago and they told me to reset the phone, which I have. It's no doubt something to do with the virtation switch connected to the board inside the phone that isn't responding properly.

Should I send it to o2 or Apple asI need the fast service, but I purchased it from o2 online.

Thank You

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Send it to apple. They will have it back to you the quickest. As a bonus, you'll probably get a new shell as well.

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

New shell, why? (not that I'm complaining, but will it be new or refurbished? )

I've checked the service warranty and it expires in 9 days!

I will call Apple tomorrow.

Thank You

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I had the same problem last week.

Book an appointment with the Genius Bar at your nearest Apple Store and they will replace it with a new iPhone. Job done! :)

5. Adamb18c5 macrumors member

6. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

Really?

Well I don't live clost to an Apple store and don't want to go to o2. BUT my brother is going out of town and he will be in a shopping centre that has an Apple store. Could he take it there ? What if they don't repair it on the spot... the store is over 100 miles away.

EDIT: There are no genius appointment for tomorrow :(. Will Apple let me mail it in or make me go to o2?

7. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Personally I would recommend taking it to an Apple Store if you possibly can. They deal with such problems swiftly and usually don't hesitate to replace items that are faulty even if they are near the end of the warranty period. Tell them that the vibrate function is vital to you (work reasons etc.).

I don't see why your brother can't take it. The warranty attaches to the iPhone so would apply even if you had sold it.

Apple will not make you go to O2.

8. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm still thinking of handing it to my Brother and let him deal with it (in a way). I will call Apple first and see what they say, maybe they will let me mail it in... As long as my Mac is sent back to me before I part with my iPhone, I will be OK with it... (Mac is having a logic board replaced due to heat :( , should reveive it tomorrow)

Thanks

9. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I sent my iPhone in to Apple on Monday. Today I received a brand new iPhone 3G S! I can tell it's new because there are no scratches of signs of damage and it had the seal on it!

And iOS4 is awesome!

Good job Apple.

10. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Told you so! :p