iPhone 3GS video editing.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike3300, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Mike3300 macrumors newbie

Well, it seems to me like the 3GS can't really edit recorded videos. You can do much more on your videos with 'editing' but the 3GS can only do 'trimming'. Why does it seems like this is misguided information?

2. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

It seems like misguided information because it is. To me, editing a video means at least being able to trim parts and put those trimmed parts together. Apple saying the iPhone can edit video is like me saying I can fly by jumping off some stairs.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

4. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

5. Titan12 macrumors regular

6. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Maybe there will be an app for that?

Either way, trimming is editing.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Would you really want to do ALL that on the iPhone anyway! Trimming is editing, just not all the editing you'd like. Like the others said, if you want to anymore than the iPhone has, then put the video on your computer.

8. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

I don't think splicing two or more clips together and adding some basic transitions and subtitles would be too much to ask to be able to do right on the phone. It's not like we don't spend hours staring at that little screen for games and web pages anyway...

Those are the basic functions I immediately thought of when I heard the word "editing."

9. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

The 3GS probably can't handle intensive editing. Maybe next year with the new multi core iPhone.