iPhone 3GS Video Upload to Facebook

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jaston1979, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jaston1979 macrumors newbie

I love my new iPhone 3GS, but how in the world can I best upload video to Facebook? I'd prefer to upload it into the actual account so it's hosted by Facebook and shows up under the "videos" section of my profile.

My second choice would be to post it as a "link". However, I'm even confused on the best way to post a "link" in the links section of my Facebook profile linking to it hosted on Youtube or MobileMe.

I would prefer to do it directly in the Facebook app or by logging into my Mobile/Full Facebook site on Safari. However, I'm not opposed if there is a 3rd party app to accomplish this.

I'm at a loss!

2. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I've heard that the new version of Twittelator Pro supports the uploading of videos and provides a link like twitpic does. That would require a twitter account BUT you can then have Facebook get updates from twitter which in turns shares the link with Facebook too.

Just an idea. Might not be what you want.

Fred

3. smilingkyle529 macrumors newbie

I wouldn't mind knowing a good answer to this as well. I uploaded my video from my iPhone to youtube. When it uploaded, I copied and pasted the youtube URL to my facebook status. I didn't know of any other way and would like to know if there is anything better.

4. jaston1979 thread starter macrumors newbie

Very good solution. In most cases I'd be happy with that solution. In this case I am going to often be posting videos of my kids, etc. And wouldn't want to post it on Twitter. I thought about setting up a group of 0 members on the Twitter post, so that it would post to Twitter, allowing it to sync to facebook but not displaying to all my tweeps.

5. jaston1979 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Solved!

Problem solved, using another app. Hopefully facebook will innovate their app a bit more.

Anyway, there is a FREE iPhone app called PixelPipe. It's an app you can use to update multiple locations (Facebook, Adobe Share, Blogger, Twitter, etc. etc.) in just 1 place. I just set it up to post into my facebook account (set it up as a destination) and it posted great. It posts them in a way where they actually show up under "video" section of your profile, etc. True video posting into Facebook, in my opinion. Some reviews have complaints, but I've been happy thus far.

Two pieces of advice. If you are setting it up for Facebook, In my case I did give it the Facebook permissions that it recommended I grant on the settings within the app.

Also, after you grant permissions and get things set-up, I do recommend then going under settings for PixelPipe and checking it to "Reset on next launch" if you have an initial error (this is the settings on the iphone, not the settings on the menu when the app is open). That solved everything for me.

6. bwells2610 macrumors newbie

X2 for Pixel Pipe! I am sure that you are going to start to see developers work in the capability for video capture in their new releases for apps. They have not had a lot of time to mess with the new features API since the 3GS just launched.

Excited to see the different uses that developers come up with for Voice Command as well.

7. christhis macrumors newbie

8. outaru macrumors member

I guess it's time to close this thread because Facebook 3.1.3 for iOS have native video upload support..

Yes you can now finally watch Facebook Videos within the App... :)

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Close the thread? You bumped it from a year ago...

10. thelordnyax macrumors regular

yeah, this