IPHONE 3Gs vs. 3G vs. PRE SPEED VIDEO!!! GREAT!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by auburnfan24, Jun 18, 2009.

1. nfl46 macrumors 603

Test 2 and 3 are FLAWED. Its based off of the network you are own.

Test 1 is the only real test...booting up the phone.

2. dagomike macrumors 65816

Yeah, that network test just shows that their local Sprint network is better than ATT. The 3G didn't even have a 3G signal, so seems rather suspect.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

So you're saying that you can use an iPhone in the US on Sprint? Clearly, the carrier does matter when it comes to every day use, so the tests are not flawed.

Oh, I wasn't paying attention to that. If the Pre was on 3G and the iPhone was on EDGE, that would make a huge difference and then would be considered flawed.

Usually when I've seen accurate speed test, they have both devices with a pretty even 3G signal.

4. auburnfan24 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah like he said, depends on location. its pretty fast here in bham compared to sprint. our spring coverage BLOWS. at&t is pretty perfect...must be from corporate hq in atlanta and huntsville...who knows. but still a cool video

5. The General macrumors 601

I want to see this test on wifi so we can compare HARDWARE. I don't care if Sprint has better service than AT&T where that test was taken (which is apparent because the 3G switched to EDGE.)

I just want to see this damn test on wifi already. That's all I want.

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

What I'm saying is that, clearly Sprint works better in the area they're in. The 3G iPhone lost its 3G connection, so thats saying A LOT right there.

Test 2 and 3, depends on your location.

7. auburnfan24 thread starter macrumors regular

good point...

8. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

Pretty much. The 3G couldn't even keep its 3G connection alive.

10. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Thank you CNET for this completely biased "face off."

11. auburnfan24 thread starter macrumors regular

imo at&t is great...no dropped calls here fast network etc. i have had issues from other carriers in the past in this area...:) so apple + at&t can stay together as long as they'd like, unless i move! :p

12. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

The iPhone's might as well been in Dead Zones with "no signal" showing and they still would've done the test.

13. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Pretty stupid test. 2 iPhones with AT&T and a Pre on Sprint.
    2 different carriers!

14. superxero3 macrumors regular

15. slapppy macrumors 65816

LOL. The other Palm pimper tried this already. Put the Pre in my area and I guarantee that it will load to a crawl. It all depends on your location. DUH. Use WiFi to get a real test.

By the way, the press can stop Pimping the Pre. If these reports are true, the Pre has failed to do its job. BIG TIME!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a5k1RDLAr8cI

Sprint, Palm Fall as Pres Go to Current Customers

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I don't think it was biased so much as it was informal.

17. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I don't understand why everyone is bitching and moaning about this test so much.

They said it over and over again that this is a real-world test. There was no bias or flaw. This is what it would be like if you were out in the streets without a wifi connection and trying to get on to the internet.

18. slapppy macrumors 65816

You then fail to understand also. Take the test somewhere else and you get a different set of results. Take it North, south, east, west, every state.. As long as your testing via the carriers signal, the test yields different results. The ONLY valid test is WiFi since its using the exact same power/strength/signal. Why is that so hard to understand?

Doesn't matter anyway, the Palm Pre was a disaster and a failure for both Palm/Sprint to attract new subscribers.

19. The General macrumors 601

The data connection needs to be a constant throughout all tests in order for the tests to be accurate. Otherwise you're just testing the data connection.

20. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

get over yourselves. maybe this is based on the fact ATT sucks but obviously the 3GS lost twice on the speed test.

Pre won, it may not last long, at least until it moves to a popular netowrk, but it clearly won the contest.

thats all I got!

oh yeah white 32 3GS picking up tomorrow.

21. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

To be fair, they said it wasn't scientific and was simply a real world test for the location they are at.

It was pretty useless if you want to compare Pre vs. 3G S based on hardware alone, which is something I want to see.

22. trssho macrumors 6502

BOOOO on CNET

That test is VERY flawed. Your first head to head speed test against the 3G S and Pre, should be more complete with as equal as possible variables. We were not looking for an AtT VS Sprint comparison.

23. slapppy macrumors 65816

No, but you need to go back to school or perhaps someone explain to you why your comment "Pre won, it may not last long, at least until it moves to a popular netowrk" is just one big giant failure on your part.

:rolleyes: