iPhone 3GS Water Damage (Thank you Apple)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Exegesis48, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Exegesis48 macrumors regular

So my 1 year old son decided to play "Will it Float?" with my iPhone 3GS the other night. I tried the rice trick and left it alone for days before trying to power it on, but I could never get it to work again.

I even went as far to take it apart and tried to clean any corrosion I could see, but that didn't work either.

So today was payday and I decided to bite the bullet and see if Apple would offer me the $199 water damager deal to replace my phone.

They gave me a new one, NO CHARGE!

I'm just really buzzed with happiness right now. The crazy part is that we were fully prepared to pay the $199 water damage fee and were completely understanding of Apple's policy on that.

We are already an Apple family, so guess we can just put that $200 towards another fancy Apple product in the New Year! ;)

2. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

3. jplusc macrumors 6502a

While I complain about the high cost of apple products I will say that it seems like you get your money's worth when it comes to customer service. It's nice to see a big company still have great customer service, especially in the electronics arena. Maybe one day I will expand my apple product portfolio past the iPhone and ATV 2.

4. Exegesis48 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh I forgot to mention one thing I found to be quite hilarious.

When I went to recover the iPhone from the toilet bowl, the screen was displaying the message "This accessory does not support charging".

So apparently you can NOT dock your iPhone in your toilet bowl.

5. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

HAHAHA, well, at least not charge it, you may be able to use your toilet as an external speaker, or perhaps connect to iTunes.

6. slayer41 macrumors newbie

Haha my friend dropped his iPhone in a cup of beer and it displayed the message. This iPhone is not optimized for this accessory" or something like that. So apparently the iPhone isn't optimized for beer. We all got a kick out of it.