iPhone 3GS Water Damage to Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheRainKing, Sep 25, 2012.

1. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

It was raining a lot yesterday and I got caught in it for quite a while with my iPhone 3GS and now my Home button is behaving erratically. First of all everything was fine and it functioned as normal, but then later on it wouldn't respond at all, then suddenly the voice control feature starting popping up all by itself over and over again as if the home button were jammed in some way, then it went away and the home button functioned normally, but then shortly after that it went back to not responding and voice control popping up. So yeah... Basically the home button works sometimes and doesn't other times.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to go about fixing this problem. So any suggestions would be welcome. Keep in mind I have never opened up an iPhone before so if I do end up having to do that it will be my first time. I'm thinking I should just make sure its fully dry by leaving it off and putting it somewhere nice and warm. Maybe it will just start functioning normally after that?

Thanks

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

Possible solutions

1. Check ifixit for a solution & repair kit
    2. Take it to someone else to fix it
    3. Buy a used iphone 3gs
    3. upgrade to an iphone 4 (new/used)
    4. upgrade to an iphone 4s (new/used)
    5. upgrade to an iphone 5 (new)
    6. downgrade to a samsung/nokia/wtvr
    7. Drop it from your roof and see what happens.

3. TheRainKing thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

For anyone wondering.. It seems to be working fine now. Lesson to anyone who gets water in their iPhone - Sometimes just letting it dry does the trick. :)