iPhone 3Gs Water Damage.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by laura1995, Aug 30, 2011.

1. laura1995 macrumors newbie

Ok, so about a week ago I accidentally dropped my 3Gs in the bath, when it was still on. I took it out straight away and dried it with a towel, and to my surprise it stayed on. The speakers wouldn't work and the camera was fogged up. I turned it off and left it for a few hours to dry and eventually the fog from the camera dried up and the speakers began to work. But after a while I noticed that the phone only stayed on for two or three minutes at a time, turned off and then turned itself back on again. Then about a day or two later it wouldn't turn on at all! My dad thought it might be the battery, so he bought a new one and changed it himself. At first I thought it was fine but now it's back to it's old ways, turning on and off every few minutes! I have no idea what to do, any ideas?

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Go to your nearest Apple store and tell the story truthfully to the Genius. You will probably have to pay $250 to get it replaced.

3. phinsup macrumors 6502

phinsup

It's only $199 to have it replaced. Just did it on my iPhone 4 this weekend.

4. laura1995 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. ScKcBc macrumors regular

My friend replaces water sensors at his store in NY, then you can get it warrantied if you still have warranty

6. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i actually jumped in a pool with my iphone 4 in my pocket a few months ago. i took it to my local apple store and the genius swapped it out free of charge because i have never had to have my phone serviced before. the genius said it was a one time thing and that if it happened again i would have to pay the $200. its worth a shot if youre close to an apple store

7. wpotere Guest

That is fraud... You need new friends.