iPhone 3GS White Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sbl03, Oct 20, 2011.

1. sbl03 macrumors newbie

It all started when I had iOS 4.1 and I decided to reset all content+settings from the phone (which is jailbroken). I ended up getting the chrome apple logo on my screen forever, and it would not go away despite numerous restarts/DFUs. Then, it wouldn't restore on my computer because I kept getting this update error message, which I eventually resolved. I updated it to iOS 5 successfully, with one flaw. I can boot with a normal screen, and I can see the iOS 5 setup just fine, until I turn the screen on/off. Then, I get the white screen of death. It actually still functions fine - I can hold down the power button for a few seconds and slide my finger across where the power turn off would normally be, but all I can see is white. My connections are fine, I have checked and the screen does work until the screen turns off and then back on.

If it matters, I recently installed a new digitizer (touch screen) on the device, but kept the same LCD, so the connection should be the same. The fixes mentioned online are wholly useless for my case.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. sbl03 thread starter macrumors newbie

After searching extensively online, it looks like I will need to get a replacement LCD after all.