iPhone 3GS White Screen

ldefoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
A while ago I was working on my iPhone and I opened it but I forgot to turn it off. Now the screen is stuck with the white screen of death. Is there any way I can fix this? I hope I don't need a new screen. Is there a connecter I should check, is there a key combination I should do? All help is very much appreciated thank you.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
If it's an iPhone 3GS,all Apple support,and most likely all spare parts are discontinued years back. To repair a phone that old would cost a lot more than buying a working one on eBay or similar sites. Besides,the phone can't handle today's iOS versions. Trying to fix an iPhone 3GS would probably be like entering a sea offshore race with a 15th century ship like the original Santa Maria or so...

ldefoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
If it's an iPhone 3GS,all Apple support,and most likely all spare parts are discontinued years back. To repair a phone that old would cost a lot more than buying a working one on eBay or similar sites. Besides,the phone can't handle today's iOS versions. Trying to fix an iPhone 3GS would probably be like entering a sea offshore race with a 15th century ship like the original Santa Maria or so...
this is mainly for nostalgia purposes because i have an iphone SE, i just want to get my old iphone 3gs working.

ldefoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
It's waving the white flag OP. You should abide.
well the thing is it's basically brand new. a few years ago i needed a battery replacement so i took it to apple and instead of replacing the battery they gave me a brand new iphone 3gs. i used it for about a month and then ended up getting a new phone. so this phone in practically brand new, i just screwed up the screen and wanna fix it.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2015
Good luck. I still use my 3GS out of nostalgia as well and I don't DETEST it like the heap of crap that my 6S Plus (3 replacements from Apple Store to date) has become post iOS 10. The pair of iPhone 5 and my 3GS are both free of show stopping issues and had me pretty into iOS/iPhones prior to my upgrade to iOS 10. The enthusiasm that I had with Apple products has been tempered since.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.