iphone 3gs will not start after trying repairs.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tia1971, Jan 18, 2011.

1. tia1971 macrumors newbie

Ok I have an iphone that was dropped. I have replaced the battery, docking part that is where the mic and speaker and docking part for where you connect the power cord/data cable, I have replaced the whole top assembly - lcd, digitizer, glass, etc. I have a good charge on my battery I have held the home key down and the power button for a hard reboot. I have plugged it into my computer - itunes - wall socket - car charger. However it still will not boot!!!!! What else can I do? I am at my wits end peacing this thing together trying to get it to work. I thought it would be something simple but it has not been simple at all.

It is a iphone 3gs

I figure it maybe something with the logic board since everthing else has pretty much been replaced. How can I test the logic board? I have googled all I know to google.

2. iphone3048 macrumors member

I refurbish/repair iphones so i will try to help wihout having the iphone to check it. Take your iphone and plug it/charge it. If all is good it should start up. If it does, once its on, see if your power BUTTON will turn the iphone on and off. If it dont, than you need to replace the flex cable/ribbon which conrrols all the buttons. You cant just fix the power button.

If your iphone does not start up when you plug it you will need to do more. Pm me for more information, or email me at willbuytoday(@)gmail.com. If you like i can fix it for you. I can even replace the rear housing to any other color than black and white. Email for price, im very fair with my prices.

Hope this helps.