iphone 3gs will not turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coldfire0101, Oct 7, 2010.

1. coldfire0101 macrumors newbie

help, i cant get my 3gs to turn on. i had a broken home so i bought a glass front with all parts fitted except the LCD as that was ok, i change all over and refitted and everything was working ok. i noticed i had trapped a lot of dust between the screen and glass so took it apart to clean out dust put it back together and now it just will not turn on. any advise would be grateful

2. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

Did you maybe not plugin a cable when doing your cleaning?

3. coldfire0101 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive double checked all of the connection are seated firmly

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like Ribbon #1 isn’t connected.

5. coldfire0101 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive checked it again and all 3 ribbon cables are definitely in the sockets firmly

could it be the lcd has somehow died, the cable doesnt show any damage

6. Tyler76 macrumors member

Tyler76

Hold down home and power button for ten seconds. That will take it out of DFU mode and turn it completly off. Then just turn it back on. Good luck. Hope it works.
    Sorry if it doesnt. :)

7. coldfire0101 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Tyler didnt tell you the whole story....its not in dfu mode. hold the home button and the on/off button down at the same time. this may take a minute! you want to hold both until you see that apple logo. make sure the phone has a charged battery or at least hook it to the data cable and to your computer with iTunes open. this way you will know if it is on if iTunes sees it. you may have to try this a few times but most of the time when the lcd is replaced or unplugged you have to do this to get it to restart.

9. coldfire0101 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive tried the dfu mode with no joy, have held buttons for ages and nothing

10. coldfire0101 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok took the plunge and went to apple shop, apparently one of the connectors on the board was damaged so ended up paying for replacement handset