Iphone 3GS with data plan only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cliftonite, Jun 9, 2009.

1. cliftonite macrumors newbie

I would like to get an iPhone, however I dont use anywhere near the 400 mins that the base plan requires. So could I sign up for the phone, cancel on the 31st day pay the termination fee, + 1 month service, then use the phone with only the data plan (I believe it would be $35 a month) plus the $5 texting plan and use a prepaid voice plan of some sort?

Breakdown of costs:

321+175+30(activation)+85(1 month service with taxes, estimate) = $611 (perhaps $511 if the Bing cashback goes through). Is this possible?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You should look in to the AT&T pay as you go plans. I don't know if the iPhone 3GS will be available with that, but it would probably be worth calling and asking in your case.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You'd have to be deaf in order to get data only plan.

4. saDeRmac macrumors regular

You have to be registered with the National Center for Customers with Disabilities.

5. cliftonite thread starter macrumors newbie

So there is no way to have the 3GS without a voice plan (even if you are willing to pay full price for the phone?)

6. cliftonite thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?

7. saDeRmac macrumors regular

You cannot have just the data plan for the iPhone. Full price (w/o contract) for the phone is for tenured postpaid customers only with good account status.

8. cliftonite thread starter macrumors newbie

I see. Even if I was to buy one off ebay I couldnt have just a data plan on it?

9. saDeRmac macrumors regular

Nope its a requirement.