iPhone 3GS with Exchange Server

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by socjoey90, Jul 5, 2009.

1. socjoey90 macrumors newbie

I currently use a BB and would like to use a iPhone.
    I have a few users on our network, and seen a few issues, are there any work arounds?

When you reply to an email on the iPhone, that your Outlook Client (PC) can be updated with the reply/forward flag so you know you have already handled that email?

Do all of your sub-folders get sync'd with the newer 3.0 software? I have over a 50 sub-folders for sorting all of my mail and use the rules filters.

Thanks
    Joe

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Not sure on the reply/forward flag, i dont use my phone to reply, but i have just checked some mails i did reply to in outlook and the phone doesnt show i replied

by default only the inbox is synched via push, with 3.0 there is an option to include other sub folders as well, not sure if there is a limit to the number

3. hsk macrumors regular

No, it does not. I just checked and an email I replied to yesterday from the iPhone is not maked as replied to in my Outlook Inbox.

Also another feature I do not like is the act that all of your folders are not updated with each sync. I keep my Sent files on my phone too and it only updates when you manually check the folder. EAS on a WM device updates all folders (if you want) with each Activesync connection.

BTW - the Palm Pre's Exchange works pretty much the same as the iPhone's.

4. dagomike macrumors 65816

The reply flag doesn't even work when I'm using Entourage.

It does sync all folders, but it does a manual sync when you go into the folder. I can imagine that would be a huge mess if all folders push sync'd.

5. socjoey90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback, I will have to wait till that is a new feature.

Joe

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

With 3.0, you can select which folders you want to push and it does push them correctly, so you could select all your subfolders if you wanted.
    The reply status flag doesn't seem to be set though

7. socjoey90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checking in to see if the reply / forward flags are updated on the exchange server when you reply / forward from the iphone so when you get back in the office you know what messages you have answered already?

Thanks
    Joe

8. nyitguy macrumors newbie

Nope !!!!!!

This reply is nonsense and doesn't help. The whole purpose of Active Sync is so we DON'T have to purchase a third party solution such as Goodlink or BES server. Next time don't even waste your time posting.

SOCJOEY: The reply flag is still not being updated. I am on iPhone software 3.1.2 and it freakin' blows !!!!