iPhone 3GS with iOS4, Locking Up, Freezing & Dropping Calls! Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, Jul 6, 2010.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

We have two iPhone 3GSs in the household, my dads and my moms.

I installed iOS4 on both. And both seem to freeze, lock up, drop calls, have occasional weird glitches far more frequently than they did on 3.1.2 (3.1.3 caused issues as well but not as frequently as on iOS4)

Sometimes, the lock screen doesn't unlock and the my slide to unlock it isn't recognized (fixed by hard rebooting the phone).

One time the phone froze completely on the Contacts menu.

I'm wondering if the proximity sensor might be glitching and causing some of these dropped calls as well.

iOS4 is awesome, don't get me wrong. But my parent's getting glitches is annoying as hell. They were hesistant about going with a smartphone instead of a simple flip phone already, and this isn't helping.

Is anyone else having these issues or similar ones?

Did Apple screw the pooch when it comes to bug testing the new OS?

I wish Apple would just let us go back to 3.1.2 on our iPhones. That worked flawlessly where as the subsequent versions all have serious issues.

2. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Bump.

Just wondering if any other 3GS phone owners are having issues since installing iOS 3.1.3 or iOS 4.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

My 3GS on 4.0 works swimmingly.

I have had the unlock slider non-responsive a couple of times but simply turning the screen off and back on fixed that. Sounds like you need to restore and set them up as new phones.

4. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Thanks I'll try that.

It's interesting that you have the slide to unlock thing not working glitch as well.

Has it screwed up your ability to pick up incoming calls at all?

5. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

mine works fine, even snappier than previously. although it has hiccups at times: a bit of lag in transitions, the 'in-call' green bar when launching clock app...