iPhone 3GS with OS 4.0 keeps rebooting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uiop., Apr 17, 2010.

1. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Well I haven't posted on here in months- and its great to be back. I have my iPhone 3GS registered to my own Apple dev account with OS 4.0. It has worked perfectly for a week now up until today. This phone will not stop rebooting itself randomly. When I'm using it, it reboots every 10-15 minutes or so. When its just in my pocket and I'm not texting or getting emails- no problems. So this is my cry for help. Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what to do? Anyone else experienced this problem with 4.0? Much thanks in advance.

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

3. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

I had the exact same problem. Restored to 4.0 multiple times, nothing helped. iPhone 3GS 32GB. Had SHSH for 3.1.3, so I downgraded (but my baseband is now at 5.13.03).

4. boogaloo shrimp macrumors newbie

same issue, i've restored 4.0 15 times...happens everytime.

i restored 3.1.3 and used irestore in terminal to get it to restart in 3.1.3, no hope for use, we probably gotta wait for beta2...:confused:

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

which is apparently out right now

6. english06 macrumors member

I had this issue and it is correctly reported to Apple.

7. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

I went back to 3.1. Couldn't stand the buggyness of 4.0. My 3GS is my phone I use on a daily basis and I need it to work the way it's supposed to. Beta 2 came out today and I'm not installing it. I'm waiting until at least beta 3 or higher.

8. ExcelonGT macrumors regular

my iphone 3gs with 4.0 B1 was "ok" since the day it came out. just this past weekend, i purchased an album from the iTunes store on my phone and as it was downloading the content, it went into a reboot cycle. ever since then, the phone has been rebooting intermittently.

I'm sticking it out and going to press on with installing 4.0 B2. If that doesnt help, I'm going back to 3.1.3