iPhone 3gs without contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iag48, Feb 3, 2010.

1. iag48 macrumors regular

I remember reading Gizmodo that ATT was going to offer no contract iPhone service, provided you pay for the full price of phone and a deposit.
    Did this ever happen? I can't seem to find anything on the website.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I don't think you can buy them on the website, but if you go to an AT&T corporate store or the Apple store you can get a contract-free phone for $499/599/699 (3G/16GB 3GS/32GB 3GS). You may have to be a current AT&T customer.

3. iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I'm willing to pay full prize for the 3gs and go month to month. Its going to be this or the Nexus. BUT I prefer giving my money to Apple.
    Can anyone confirm?

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Apple gets your money either way, though. AT&T pays full price to Apple for the iPhone.

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Well im waiting for the next iPhone now really isnt a great time to buy one.

by the way if your going to go andriod, I think the Motorola is probably better than the the nexus.

6. iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

Too many choices! I honestly hate having soo many buttons on the phone. The N1 has like 4 buttons or whatever you call them on the face and the trackball. I love how my iphone only has 1 button and thats it!

7. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

The thing about the iphone is that if you want to buy without contract fine, but you don't get any discount on your monthly rate. Whereas if you buy a Nexus One without contract and go to Tmobile, you actually would pay less per month than if you were going to get a Nexus One with contract.