iPhone 3Gs won't downgrade, keeps giving that apple verification

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lelegitl, Feb 21, 2010.

1. lelegitl macrumors member

I had an iphone 3gs with 3.1.2 preinstalled, I jailbroke it and I installed some app or extention that was not compatible. Luckly I hit themake my life easier button early button before my phone got messedup. I remembered it said, pending, then last I remembered, it said something.so is my ecid stored o. saurik's server becausewhen i renamedthe host file with that change Ithen quit itunes and triedto put my phone into dfu mode, then I restore with 3.1.2. Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks in advance for the response. I looked all over this forum and and used google too

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you clicked "Make my life easier" after Apple stopped signing 3.1.2, Saurik's server will only have 3.1.3 SHSH on file.

3. lelegitl thread starter macrumors member

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you don't have you SHSH on file for the firmware you wish to downgrade to, no you cannot.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. daveb1983 macrumors newbie

if you have SHSHs on file (says so at the top of cydia) for 3.1.2 you will be able to. Have you edited your host file? also are you getting a 1015 error or will the restore just not start as 'your devide is not eligible for this firmaware'?

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

It's interesting that Apple is only doing this for the 3GS only.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I believe there is a difference in hardware which makes this only feasible for the 3GS.