Iphone 3gs wont reboot after jailbreak attempt.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by m.mausio, Mar 14, 2010.

1. m.mausio macrumors newbie

I recently bought an Iphone and tried to Jailbreak it with Blackra1n. After trying, it went into recovery mode and is now stuck. Have tried Jailbreaking it again and again and agian...same result. Tried restoring the phone and no luck. Have read some of the older threads and tried almost everything. Still no luck:( Help Please Please..:(

2. Shwonx macrumors member

Did you just buy the phone? If, so you're probably on 3.1.3 and can't even JB to begin with.

Im not sure I understand your problem, but you can't even restore your phone? Try a DFU restore. Hold the Power and Home button for 10 seconds, then release the power button and hold onto the home button until iTunes recognizes a phone in recovery mode. (If it's already in recovery mode to begin with, you'll hear the sound of the device disconnecting, and the sound of it reconnecting.

Once in DFU mode (the screen will be all black, but itunes will recognize it) just restore to the lastest firmware. Since you haven't been Jailbroken before, you probably don't have an shsh stored on file, you'll be stuck on 3.1.3 until a jailbreak for that firmware is discovered. (or released ;))

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What firmware are you running? If it's on 3.1.3 your sol?

4. m.mausio thread starter macrumors newbie

It was on 3.1.2 before i tried to JB. Have tried a DFU Restore a few times. Still same prob.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think you'll be able to JB the way it is now.
    If you dont have your SHSH's saved thru cydia you will have to restore it to 3.1.3 thru itunes.

6. m.mausio thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive tried that a number of times now. It wont even restore through Itunes as well. Keeps coming up with an error code 14. Tried another PC and same result.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Open the folder that has the update in it and delete the update.
    Restart Itunes and your computer and connect the phone
    Chose Restore
    This should re-download the update and fix the error.
    If it still fails try DFU restore
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034