iPhone 3GS wont restore error 3194 message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jayselmistry, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jayselmistry macrumors newbie

Hi so basically I was updating my iphone from 4.1 to 4.3.3 but right at the end the iPhone restarted and was put into DFU mode (itunes icon and usb) ive tried using tinyumbrella and recboot however neither have worked, so as a last resort i tried to restore it however an error message came up with 3194. Is there anyway i can get the iPhone out of DFU mode and if not is there a way I can restore it? please help me! thanks!

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You are not in DFU mode, you are in recovery mode. DFU mode is a black screen. Open tiny umbrella, go to advance mode, uncheck box that says "set host file to Cydia on exit" Then close TU open ITunes and do another restore.

3. jayselmistry thread starter macrumors newbie

ive never jailbroken or tried jailbraking my phone so will that make a difference? (sorry if this is a stupid question!)

4. jayselmistry thread starter macrumors newbie

also before i try this is there any other way i can get it out of this mode which means i can keep all music, photos, etc because i don't have it backed up? and thanks for the reply :)

5. dtanqt macrumors newbie

At least you can restore from the last sync on iTunes after the restore process finished.

6. jayselmistry, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011

jayselmistry thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so i did this and it started to restore (progress bar came up under apple logo although no progress was made) but then error mesage 1611 came up! :( any ideas?